When you add a live Zoom event in a course you will have the option to have it as a:
a) Zoom Meeting- for most live courses, this will be the preferred option. Great for smaller groups, learners seeing each other and having a conversation. Ideal for group workshops and collaborations.
b) Zoom Webinar- learners can only see and hear you or whomever you invite to the main stage. Learners can ask questions through the chat function. Ideal for larger groups.
Note: You will need to upgrade to Zoom webinars to support webinars. You can also add non-Zoom events to your course. See Adding Non-Zoom Events here (e.g Clubhouse, WebEx).
Here is how you can add Zoom to an event in your course:
2) Click on the Events tab and click "+ Add Event"
3) Name the event, give it a description and select a host (as it may be different from the person creating the event)
4) Upload a cover image
5) Select if the event is a one-time event or a recurring series, and adjust the date, start time, end time and timezone.
5) Choose your video settings by choosing a Zoom host or add a custom link to any other video hosting platform.
You can also assign event hosts if there are more than one. NOTE: Added hosts need to be given permission to start the event in the video conferencing settings if the licensed user is not present.
6) Add in a capacity if you would like to set a limit, and select if this event will be for all members of your experience, just for a certain group,. or if you want to open the event to the public for anyone who has the event link to join.
7) For public events, non-members would be required to join your community & the specific Product the event is being hosted in to join.
Notifications that an event is about to start will be automatically sent out 24 hours before and 15 minutes before the start time.
If your learners are in different time zones, the event will be correctly calculated for their time zone when they add the event to their calendar. Just make sure the event is in your time zone when you create it.