A tool designed for community operators to evaluate and reinforce learning progress within their courses.
Quizzes enhance course engagement and completion rates. These assessments offer insights into learners' strengths and areas requiring assistance, promoting a more targeted learning experience. Moreover, Quizzes help learners in retaining knowledge, recognizing areas for improvement, and boosting confidence upon successful completion.
A. How to set up a quiz:
Step 1: Create a new Quiz inside a curriculum module
To add a quiz to a curriculum module, click the primary 'Add' button and select 'Quiz' as the content type.
Step 2: Edit the Quiz Cover
Add an attractive cover photo and a brief description. Click 'Setup Questions' when you're ready to start adding questions to the quiz.
Step 3: Set Up Quiz Questions
Begin building your quiz using the editor. You can choose from different question types:
- 'Single Correct Answer' question: Members pick one option. Pro tip: You can also use this question type for “True/False” questions.
- 'Multiple Correct Answers' question: Members must select ALL the correct options for the question to be counted as correct.
Then fill out the fields and specify the correct answer(s).
Step 4: Review and Save Quiz
Double-check all questions and ensure all fields are completed. Every question needs at least one correct answer. The quiz cannot be saved with invalid questions in error state.
When ready, save the quiz and look out for member submissions!
Note: Once the quiz is saved and members start submitting their answers to a quiz you will not be able to edit the questions.
Pro tip: If you want to build out a quiz over multiple sessions, you could create that quiz in an unreleased module. That allows you to continue editing the quiz before members could start submitting their answer.
B. How to view quiz submissions
Step 1: Check Out Quiz Submission Highlights
Navigate to the quiz drawer's right-hand side and switch to the “Submissions” tab. Here, you'll find a high-level summary of quiz submission statistics. By clicking on “View Quiz Submissions”, you can access the comprehensive view of member submissions.
Step 2: Explore Detailed Submissions
Use the tab switcher located at the top right corner to navigate between various views. Each tab offers a distinct way to examine member submissions:
- Overview: This submission table displays member results and submission date & time. You can apply filters, sort data, and export a CSV file.
- Individual Submissions: This view presents individual submission reports, showcasing scores and responses to each question.
Note: Both complete and incomplete submissions are visible in this list. As an admin, you can see in-progress submissions.
- Question Summary: Gain insights from graphs and charts that illustrate answer trends. This view visualizes the percentage of each answer option, providing valuable insight into members' responses for each question.
1. Can quizzes be added outside of a curriculum module?
As of v1, quizzes can only be added within a curriculum module. We plan to enable standalone quizzes outside of curriculum modules.
2. Can I include open-ended questions in quizzes?
Currently, you can select from question types such as “Single Correct Answer” or “Multiple Correct Answers”. The inclusion of open-ended questions is planned for a future update.
3. How is quiz scoring determined?
In v1, scoring is based on the correct and incorrect answers configured by the admin during quiz setup.
4. Can members pause a quiz and resume later?
Yes, members can take breaks during the quiz. We present one question at a time, allowing progress to be saved. This way, members can continue where they left off without losing any progress.
6. Is retaking a quiz possible for members?
Members are currently limited to one quiz attempt. However, community operators have the flexibility to reset a member's submission by deleting it, to enable retakes if necessary.
Please note that answer keys are revealed at the end of the quiz upon submission, which members might have seen.