Disco's automation tool is designed to help you streamline your workflow by automating repetitive tasks, allowing you to save time and focus on more important aspects of your business. This guide will walk you through the step-by-step process of using the automation tool, including selecting triggers and actions, to ensure you can maximize its potential.
Step 1: Accessing the Automation Tool
- Log in to your Disco account and access the Admin Dashboard
- Navigate to the "Automations" section.
Step 2: Creating an Automation Rule
- Click on the "+ Automation" button on the top right.
- Choose between a templated automation or create a custom automation.
- Provide a descriptive name for your automation rule to easily identify it later.
Step 3: Selecting a Trigger
- From the "Select Trigger" dropdown menu, choose the event that will initiate the automation.
- Member Leaves Community
- Member Joins Community
- Member Onboarding Completed
- Member Joins Product
- Member Leaves Product
- Member Joins an Event
- Profile Field Changes
- New Member Joins Group
- Member Removed from Group
Step 4: Configuring Trigger Settings
- Depending on the selected trigger, you may need to provide additional details such as the specific product, group, or event.
Step 5: Selecting an Action
- From the "Add Step" menu below the trigger, choose the task you want to automate after the trigger occurs.
- Send Email Message
- Send Direct Message on Slack
- Add to Slack Channel
- Remove from Slack Channel
- Add to Group
- Remove from Group
- Add to Product
- Remove from Product
- Set a Time Delay
Step 6: Configuring Action Settings
- Depending on the selected action, provide the necessary details such as Slack channel name, product, group, etc.
- Customize the content of the email message or direct Slack message, if applicable.
- Set any other action-specific parameters as required.
Step 7: Saving and Enabling the Automation Rule
- Review the summary of your automation rule to ensure all settings are correct.
- Click on the "Save Draft" button to save your automation rule.
- To enable the automation, click the arrow beside "Save Changes" and select "Publish" so it becomes active and starts automating tasks.
Step 8: Managing and Editing Automation Rules
- To manage your existing automation rules, navigate back to the "Automation" section.
- From here, you can edit, delete, or disable any rule by selecting the appropriate options next to each rule.