How to create and manage Recurring Events
Recurring events can help you save time when scheduling repeating sessions such as office hours, live lessons, or a speaker series. Follow this step-by-step guide to easily create and manage your recurring events on Disco.
Step 1: Create a recurring event
Once you log in, navigate to the desired space and select the “Events” tab. Click “Add Event” on the top header.
Step 2: Fill out the details of the event
When creating a recurring event, be sure to provide all the necessary details, such as the event name, date, time, and location, along with a clear description of the event. Once these details are in place, select “Recurring Event” as the event type, which will allow you to set the recurrence pattern, including the frequency, and end date of the event. You can always change the details and description at a later time.
Step 3: Select the date, time, and frequency
Choose the starting day and time the recurring event will take place. Then choose the frequency of the recurring event. You can choose from daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, or custom.
You have the option to decide when the event ends - whether it be on a specific date or after a set number of occurrences.
Step 4: Set event capacity and access
Please ensure that you have connected to your preferred video conference tool (i.e. Zoom) and set up the event's capacity if desired. Please be aware that administrators do not count toward the capacity limit.
With Event Access, you can select who has access to view and participate in the event.
Step 5: Publish recurring events
Once you have finished filling out the details of the recurring event, you can either save it as a “Draft” to continue editing or “Publish” it and make it visible to your members.
- By choosing to publish your event, all occurrences of the event will automatically be added to your calendar at the specified dates and times. You can easily view and manage event details, reports, and settings on the event drawer.
- If you choose to save your event as a draft, you can easily publish it at a later time through the banner. This will make the event visible to your members and allow them to register.
Step 6: Share recurring event
To share the recurring event, you can easily find the "Share" button on the event drawer. Once you click on this option, you can customize your message to provide a more tailored experience.
When you're ready, simply click the "Send Invites" button to share the event and your personalized message with your members.
1. Can I customize each occurrence of a recurring event?
Yes, you can customize the details of each occurrence of a recurring event if you want separate sets of event titles, descriptions, and hosts.
2. Can I cancel a single occurrence of a recurring event?
Yes, you have the option to either cancel a single occurrence of a recurring event or the entire series altogether.
3. How can I make changes to the entire series of recurring events?
We currently do not support the feature to make changes to the entire series of recurring events. However, we understand the helpfulness of this feature and are actively working on making it available in the near future.
4. How do members register for recurring events?
To register for a recurring event, members can click the “Attend” button on the event drawer. From there they have two options to register:
- Confirm attendance for the first occurrence
- Confirm attendance for all future events.
If enabled by the event organizer, members may also receive email notifications and confirm attendance from their email.
Please sign in to leave a comment.